Monthly Archive: November 2009
Posted on 30 November 2009
In the run up to Christmas, the wonderful Chroma are putting on a great children's concert in Berkhamsted on Dec 18th called Gypsies and Dancers featuring excerpts from my Clarinet Quintet Gumboots, a storyteller and lots more fun. Then in the evening they will perform the full Gumboots, alongside Golijov's crazy, tender and divine 'Dreams and Prayers' - I think this is my first candelit performance! So anyone in the home counties to the North of London please come and enjoy this wonderful group! Details below.
Posted on 12 November 2009
A few tasks in hand:
Posted on 05 November 2009
Having been through several opera ideas recently before eventually discarding them, the process seems to be something along these lines:
1. Take a large old black tattered rag.
2. Your opera subject is hidden behind it. You can make out little details here and there.
3. You must stare at the rag with an enormous intensity and try to get it to catch fire.
4. If you're lucky, and after an awful lot of intense staring, little fragments of the cloth burn away. If you're really lucky, eventually the whole thing catches fire, the tattered rag burns away completely and the whole opera subject lies before you, view unhindered.
5. If you're not so lucky, however hard you stare the holes just glow red, a brief puff of smoke, and out. The holes don't get any larger, the opera as inaccessible as before, despite all your efforts. Eventually you realise this rag ain't gonna to light. You are forced to abandon it.
2013: Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
2012: Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
2011: Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
2010: Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
2009: Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
2008: Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
2007: Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
2006: Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
All works are available through billholabmusic.com.
Perusal Scores, Sales
Order Music Online
Bill Holab Music,
377 Sterling Place, No. 4, Brooklyn, NY 11238
phone: 718-499-3946 | fax: 718-228-8085 |
||Latest CD release|
THE MYRIAD TRIO: THE EYE OF NIGHT
The Myriad Trio launches their debut disc, featuring classic work for flute, viola, and harp. The last piece on the CD is the source of inspiration for the disc and the work that anchors the album: The Eye of Night. Commissioned and premiered by The Myriad Trio in 2010, The Eye of Night, written by the British-American composer David Bruce, highlights the very special qualities that make this instrumental combination distinctive and this unique ensemble extraordinary.
Buy now on amazon.com
Buy now on itunes
Recent blog posts
Most popular blog posts